Saturday, December 30, 2006

93)Boxing day sale at the Teaching Company!

This past week I revelled in the purchase of a number of university-level courses from the Teaching Company, whose web address is on my 'Suggested Links' section of this blogsite. I had been waiting quite a few months for them to go on sale and seized the opportunity when it presented itself.

I bought the following titles, among others(for detailed course descriptions, go to the site itself; its worth a check):

1)Human prehistory and the first civilizations
2)Nature of Earth: An introduction to Geology
3)Science and Religion
4)Superstring Theory: The DNA of Reality
5)Philosophy and Religion in the West

These are all DVD courses, complete with summary booklets, and I can look forward to a great 2007. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to take my own sweet time watching and learning about these subjects in detail in the Medical Sciences library at my alma mater, McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, which has become a place of deja vu and intellectual pilgrimage for me.

Expect to read on this blogsite any ideas and thoughts I consider to be germane to the title of my blogsite.

easynash

Islam, eminently logical, placing the greatest emphasis on knowledge, purports to understand God's creation:Aga Khan 4.
The God of the Quran is the One whose Ayats(Signs) are the Universe in which we live, move and have our being:Aga Khan 3