Wednesday, July 18, 2007

221)Bradley Steffens on Ibn al-Haytham; a new addition to the Suggested Links section of my blogsite.

Dear easynash,

I read with interest your posting about the four giants of 10th to 13th century science. Considering that, I thought you might like to know about my new book, Ibn al-Haytham: First Scientist.

It is the first full biography of Ibn al-Haytham to be published in English (or any other language, as far as I know). It has received excellent reviews, which are available on my website: http://www.ibnalhaytham.net/

Of course I would love a mention in your blog or even a link to my site from yours.

I heard the Aga Khan speaking on public radio (NPR in the US) about the need for the younger generation in the West to learn about Muslim history and culture. One of my goals in writing the book was to accomplish that very thing. Apparently I have been somewhat successful. Barnesandnoble.com writes, "Steffens deftly weaves an overview of Muslim history into this biography."

I recently posted an article online that might interest you. The summary appears here--just click the link to read the full article: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Bradley_Steffens

If you have any questions or would like to know more about my book, let me know. If you think the Aga Khan would like a copy of my book, I would be glad to send it to him.

Best regards,

Bradley Steffens
Escondido, CA 92025


My reply to Bradley Steffens:

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for your e-mail. I have posted your e-mail on my blogsite as well as linked to your website. I have also forwarded it to the Institute of Ismaili Studies in London, U.K., who may be interested in obtaining a copy of your book on this illustrious scientist. I like your reviews and will be ordering a copy(signed hopefully) for myself.

Cheers,
easynash


easynash

Islam, eminently logical, placing the greatest emphasis on knowledge, purports to understand God's creation:Aga Khan 4(2006)
The God of the Quran is the One whose Ayats(Signs) are the Universe in which we live, move and have our being:Aga Khan 3(1952)
Our interpretation of Islam places enormous value on knowledge. Knowledge is the reflection of faith if it is used properly. Seek out that knowledge and use it properly:Aga Khan 4(2005)